A Blog about Everything

Monday, May 07, 2007

13 mile leisurely walk

This past Saturday was the annual Indianapolis mini-marathon, which draws 35,000 participants. This was my 9th time to do this event, not my fastest finish but not my slowest either. Everyone is assigned a starting place in a series of corrals which are labeled in alphabetical order. The fastest people are in Corral A. I was assigned to Corral X. By the time I inched my way up to the start line 28 minutes after the first runners started, they were already near the half-way point at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. But not to worry, one only has to maintain an 18:00 minute/mile pace to avoid being pulled off the course and forced to return to the start/finish area in a bus. This pace was not difficult to maintain, given the cacophony of noise from all the bands playing along the way. These bands could most kindly be described as "local talent" and inspired me to move along more quickly. Perhaps this is why I saw so many people wearing iPods.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home