A Blog about Everything

Saturday, October 14, 2006

If the weather was "normal" for this time of year, I would be on a bike ride right now and not sitting at a computer. Even to speak of normal weather for Indiana is a joke, because the weather changes faster than you can keep track of it. But, today the conditions are too harsh for me...too cold, too windy. Yes, I am a wimp about riding in less than ideal weather. I will exercise later today, when the sun has warmed us from freezing cold to just refreshingly cool. In the meantime, I will be a mouse potato.

Yesterday I stated that this site is not about "blogging for Jesus". I should clarify....it's great that this relatively new medium of Web Logs give Christians a chance to share their faith, their thoughts on religion, even their questions about God. The issue I have are those persons who blog extensively about their profound faith and extensive church involvement, but who have questionable personal ethics. For example, if you claim to be a Christian, but your business ethics are Lie-Cheat-Steal, what kind of example is that? Perhaps someone is not involved with a church but is considering doing so in the future. That person looks to those who are church members to see how they live their daily lives, not just on Sunday, but also on the every other day of the week. This is not a new concept in Christianity, but the technology gives it a new twist.

1 Comments:

  • So true. I think it's better for Christians to be real on their blogs, sharing their concerns as well as their victories, and not using it as a means of vanity. This is why I like the group I've been blogging with--and met face-to-face at a worship conference last weekend.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home