A Blog about Everything

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

co-worker potpourri

The dishwasher in our house died on Saturday. When I mentioned this at work Monday, my "colleague" pointed out to me that most people in Haiti have never seen a dishwasher. Probably true that my attitude was bad, but I also had PMS. I wonder if they have that in Haiti. Work is annoying enough on its own without co-workers adding to it with their comments.

I think back over my years of employment and some of the strange co-workers. There was the rabid vegetarian who cried "fowl" everytime I had chicken for lunch. "You're eating dead bird!" she would squawk. At the same place, the departmental supervisor was continuously inquiring as to my future child-bearing plans. There were none; and it was none of her business anyway.

Another job, another strange boss. This one was nick-named the "recycling Nazi". A sheet of paper in the trash would set her off-recyclable paper had to be sorted from other trash. All coffee grounds had to be composted. All cardboard boxes had to be carefully broken down, folded up, and put on a special recycling pile. We barely had time to do any actual work.

Of course, I am the perfect co-worker. It is a joy to work with me. Just don't complain about my choices in lunch, recycling, family plans, religion, household appliances, ect. or I will throw a bottle of Midol at you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home