A Blog about Everything

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

agony of de teeth, part II

As I write this, I am feeling the effects of 10 shots of novocaine. Yes, I counted them. Yes, I still could feel discomfort from the procedure. It seemed the shots took maximum effect about the time I needed to pay my bill and make a follow-up appointment. Being unable to communicate, I decided to take off the rest of the day from work as sick time. As I arrived home, my neighbor ( whom I will call "Mrs. Ned Flanders") was outdoors and decided it was time to chat. "ablad a da danst" I said. She correctly interpreted this as "I've been at the dentist". She wanted to discuss our another neighbor, the heathen/redneck/ghetto (pick your favorite) household that has time for detonating fireworks but not for mowing the weeds. Finally, my drooling and gibberish speech must have been too much and the conversation ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home