A Blog about Everything

Thursday, October 04, 2007

the joy of not cooking

The health coach called again on Monday. I had failed to achieve my goals (that she selected for me last time) of planning and cooking healthy meals. I tried to distract her with other topics, but she persisted. Had I cooked anything since last time we talked? I offered up excuses... the recipes were too difficult, our local grocery store didn't have all those ingredients, yada, yada, yada. She was not deterred. Do a Google search for "easy, low-fat recipes" she said. She is not going to be satisfied until I apply heat to food and not just to warm up left-over pizza either. How can I tell her I CAN'T COOK. Home Ec class back in Public School was a disaster. I exploded a blueberry pie in the oven. I added about 4 times too much salt to pancakes. In 8th grade, I didn't know how to use a can opener.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home