A Blog about Everything

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

diet contest update

It is now established that I will not win the prize money for the mid-way pointof the biggest loser contest. Despite getting up early to walk and jog before work most days, and having been on an exercise binge all week-end (32 mile bike ride and 5 hours of kayaking) and not pigging out for the past 2 months, I only lost 1.8 percent fat at my latest body composition test. My results still put me in the "excess fat" category. My wonderful husband lost 4.4 percent fat, despite admitting that he has been sneaking PayDay bars. What makes it even more difficult to accept is that I lost 2.5 lbs of muscle (not good) while he lost only 0.4 lbs. This is despite the fact that I improvised a weight lifting system for exercise at work. It is disguised as junk we would have around the office anyway, so the person known as "Boss" won't suspect anything. At least I didn't burst into tears when I received my results, like one lady did. Apparently, her husband also did much better than she did.

What happened next is that I admitted I needed help, which is what they always say is the first step to recovery. For an additional fee, I will have my metabolic rate tested and a dietician will tell me exactly what I need to eat. It seems I have no clue about nutrition. At least I don't have to stand up in front of a group and say "Hi, I'm Kia and I'm a snack-a-holic".

1 Comments:

  • I think your problem as well as mine is the stress in our lives. You'd be shocked by what stress can do to a person. But because we are always in stress our bodies are always in a fright or flight state meaning they hold on to everything they can to preserve itself. Now if we could get away from some pain in the butt people, our lives might become easier and help us to actually lose weight.

    One of these days I'm going to get brave and try the no white diet. Basically you can't eat anything refined or bleached. So no refined sugers, no white/bleached flour products, no white rice. Its supposed to be very hard at first because of how addicted we are to these white products but gets easier as time goes by. If I remeber correctly you are suppose to fast for a day whith only water to drink (there went the coffee). This flushes your system and then start the no white diet. I bet its online somewhere.

    Anyway, chin up. I still love ya no matter what size you are. Hugs, Lori

    By Blogger Lorias, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home