A Blog about Everything

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I coulda been a contender

I've been demoted from fish electrofishing surveys because I'm too slow and uncoordinated to net the fish. Being short does not help, either because the person carrying the fish shockng equipment is typically tall. When you are short, you get a reflective glare from the water that the taller person is not subject to. Maybe I should have thought of that years ago when I was doing my career planning. I was short, slow and uncoordinated then, too.


Probably not the way to do your career planning.....







Maybe I shoulda been a wetland biologist. The plants don't move very fast, and there seems to be a demand for this type of service.
My birthday is comiing up and I'm over 50, so I have reasons to be in a contemplative mood.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Those darn fish. Luckily mussels don't move very fast, although they do move faster than plants.

    Career planning? What's that?

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home