A Blog about Everything

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

another year, another gym membership


Fall is in the air and that can only mean one thing....time to purchase a gym membership. The latest gym just opened for business a few weeks ago. So it's clean, new, and uncrowded. The bad part of this gym is that the location is awful. It is located in a strip mall near the same intersection as Wal-Mart, Lowes, Kohls, Arbys, ect. I decided to go work out this afternoon at 5:15 pm and reduce my stress. Wrong time of day. By the time I finally arrived at the gym (about a mile and a half from my home) I had road rage and had already flipped the bird at some A.H. that dared honk his horn at me.


Every place I've lived since adulthood has included a gym membership, sometime more than one concurrently. I've had memberships at the YMCA, the YWCA, two racquetball clubs (one that went out of business abruptly even though I was winning my racquetball league), the recreational sports center at Moo U and the fitness center at the Indian Reservation where I used to work. I even had a membership for the past three years at a competing fitness club here in Non-Descriptville, USA until they annoyed me by changing ownership, selling off the racquetball facility, and then losing my membership information in their database.
If the weather would just stay like it was the day I took this picture, I would just continue to exercise outdoors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home