A Blog about Everything

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

a lifetime of pedaling

Anyone who knows me at all knows that bicycling is important to me. My thoughts are dominated by 1. When will the weather be suitable for bike riding? and
2. I think I'll leave work early to go bike riding.

This picture is of my first pedaling experience. I was too young in this picture for me to remember this particular day, but I am told that I would not stop riding long enough to eat supper. Also, my color preference has not changed-green. Both my current road and mountain bikes are green. However, I now stop for food.

I have a dear friend who is close to 80 yrs. of age and still riding regularly. I hope to be so fortunate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Did you used to be blonde? I have another friend who mountain bikes occasionally. I had to doctor a deep gash she gave herself once when she went over the handlebars on a rough mountain trail. She waited three days and then asked me if I thought it was bad enough to be stitched.. it probably was, but it was way too late to do anything. I tried a butterfly bandage, but I'm sure she has a scar. The road rash on her face eventually cleared up, though. I often wonder/worry about her. At least there aren't any mountains in Indiana.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 11:36 PM  

  • Life is circular. My hair was light, then it was dark, and now it's getting lighter (=grey) again. And despite the lack of mountains here, one can still crash while mountain biking and end up in the ER. Just ask my husband.

    By Blogger Kia, at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home