A Blog about Everything

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's goal setting

It's that time of year again, the time to admit I might not be perfect. Time to set goals for improvement. So, here goes...

1. Tomorrow, I will resume keeping a food journal. I took "a day off" from journaling when I was stressed out about house renovations in-progress. That was in early November. Then there was stress from Thanksgiving, Christmas, work, and a couple of trips to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles. Mysteriously, my weight loss stalled about the same time the food journal hit the skids.

2. Starting Wed., I'll try to have a better attitude about work. I'm not sure how to implement this one. I've tried various methods in the past: deep breathing, relaxing music, positive thoughts, ect as I drive to the office. Then I arrive and the same frustrations hit me in the face. I still end up pissed off by the end of the day. Tomorrow I have the day off so I have an extra 24 hrs. to work out the details.

3. Get my life organized (see blog about having a clear-out). Ideally, I wouldn't have to run to the store to buy something of which I already have multiples but can't find. Or have to tear apart the house to find some vital document. Maybe I should start with one of those junk-drawer organizers. Except my whole life is one big junk drawer.

4. Make this blog about something of world-wide significance. Ok, now that's just dreaming.

1 Comments:

  • 1. As a state employee, I say just blame the BMV. It can make you feel better and nobody will take offence, because nobody cares that much...

    2. Unfortunately, I've found that the easiest way to deal with a bad attitude at work is to leave (preferably after getting another job, as you found out). I seem to develop a bad attitude after 3 or 4 years. I should be hitting the wall with this job within the next year.

    3. My whole life is a big junk drawer, too! As are the lives two other good friends of mine. Maybe it's me! Blame me. I'm a state worker. I have a thick skin :-)

    4. Um..."Everything" is pretty world-wide. Come on!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home