A Blog about Everything

Thursday, December 28, 2006

belief net

Christmas has come and gone and I survived. All the flap in the media about "merry Christmas" vs. "happy holidays" or some other alternative greeting started me thinking. Much of Christmas traditions are a Christian legacy and no one really thinks much about them. And why am I a Christian? In part, it's a legacy too. It's because St. Patrick came to convert the pagans in the 5th century. It's because most of my ancestors were European. I happened upon a web site called beliefnet.com. You can answer a series of multiple choice questions to define what faith would be closest to your beliefs. The first time, my best match was liberal Quaker and second was neo-pagan. I tried the quiz again, and this time neo-pagan won. It must be because of of my pro-environment and anti-sexism answers. Liberal Quaker sounds OK, but neo-pagan? I hate to think that St. Patrick wasted his time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home