A Blog about Everything

Monday, December 04, 2006

The office Christmas party

It's time again for the office Christmas party. I work in a small office where every one is Christian (or claims to be), so we don't have to hold a generic "holiday" party. It's also that time of year when the news media offers us helpful advice on what not to do at the company party. Most of the items on the not-to-do list are inspired by alcohol. Our company parties are usually sedate compared to the cautionary tales that I read about. But we do have drinks served and this leads to a few interesting moments. Like the guy loudly proclaiming that he loves the (male) boss. I assume he meant that in a biblical, love-thy-neighbor way. Or the same guy questioning the paternity of his kids, much to the humiliation of his wife. Or the same guy insisting on giving me a big hug when normally he won't speak to me. Of course, I would NEVER do anything at the company party that would be discussed the next day. I'm usually too tense because I am wearing make-up, pantyhose, and a dress. All of these are completely non-normal attire for me. How fortunate that the Christmas party only comes around once a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home