A Blog about Everything

Friday, January 12, 2007

Word Imperfect

alternative title= a pointless rant

Where I work (Bizarro World), many of the reports I do are on existing templates and I just change the pertinent information. For some reason, these templates are all on an old word-processing program that I suspect is the spawn of the devil. Text shifts around for no reason. Fonts change mysteriously. What you see on the screen may or may not be what prints. There is a reason the rest of the world switched long ago to a much better word processing program. Long ago, when I was a Masters Degree student, I did my thesis on this frustrating program. Granted, this was in the Bad Old Days of DOS but it still had the same problems then of text being different on the screen as opposed to what printed out. When MS Word came to be popular, I thought I had seen the last of Word Imperfect. But, no.....

There, I feel better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home