A Blog about Everything

Friday, February 15, 2008

Extreme Winter


The coldest place on Earth is probably The South Pole. The second coldest place is along Lake Michigan in February. Last weekend, I went Up North to the ole stomping grounds, to do a little cross country skiing, take some pictures, and visit The Reservation. This picture is of a "tourist town" that will be bustling with life during the summer. When this photo was taken, the snow and wind were coming in off Lake Michigan with wind chills well below zero. There were still a few hardy (crazy) people driving around, myself included. Indiana seems almost tropical by comparison.
Yes, that is a big wooden fish on that pole. I think it was supposed to be a Northern Pike, but the snow kept hitting me in the eyes, so I did not notice all the details.

1 Comments:

  • It looks like a pike to me. Or a skinny muskie. I like the name of the town!

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home