A Blog about Everything

Monday, August 18, 2008

Olympic burn-out

Ten days into the Games and I've reached the stage of Olympic burn-out. It happens every four years. The first few days, I watch everything with great interest. Arm-wrestling between two countries I've never heard of before? Bring it on!! Now, I'm overwhelmed with swimming medleys, swimming relays, different swimming distances, gymmastic team medals, gymnastic individual events, gymnastic all-around, preliminary rounds, ect. And wonen's beach volleyball....how many matches of this can I watch? And why are the competitors almost naked? (Note: I have no complaints about events featuring scantily clad males). It would be better if the TV people showed all of the sports, just in shorter segments. I"d like to see some of the equestrian events, for example. But I guess because there are no semi-nude women riding horses, the TV programmers don't think it will draw audiences. Make no mistake: I have great respect for all the athletes, it's the TV schedule that I have issues with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home