A Blog about Everything

Monday, March 03, 2008

Pog Mo Thoin

That's what the T-shirt I'm wearing at the moment has printed on it, along with "have a nice day" in English and a big, green shamrock. Hey, it's March and St. Pat's Day is only 2 weeks away. When I bought the shirt last month at a Celtic theme shop, the lady at the counter felt compelled to inform me that the Gaelic writing didn't exactly translate to the English writing. When I visited Ireland two years ago, I learned just enough words by reading signs and listening to our tour guide to guess what this phrase might mean. And because Gaelic is not an official language of BlogSpot, I assume the title of this post will go untranslated. Some days when everyone seems intent on being rude, annoying, or just plain moronic, you just gotta say:
Pog Mo Thoin

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • It means Kiss My Grits! As Flo on Alice used to say. Or something close, anyway...

    By Blogger Laurie, at 10:54 PM  

  • That's pretty much what I guessed it must say

    By Blogger Kia, at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home