A Blog about Everything

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Somwhat plagarized meme

First, I have to reference my friend Laurie's blog http://ichthyologistbright.blogspot.com
for this post. I wouldn't have ever thought this up on my own. Plus, I'm not sure what a "meme" is....it just seemed like a cool idea!

1.What I was doing 10 years ago: I was in the final stages of finishing up my Ph.D. at Moo U. I had less money, but more optimism than I do now.

2.Five things on my to-do list today:
Pay car insurance bill (d0ne)
Show up for work (done)
Update blog (being done right now)
Meet friend after work for coffee and/or a walk
Learn Spanish (probably will take the rest of my life)

3. Things I would do if I was a billionaire: I dunno. Probably travel the world.

4. Three bad habits I have: I'm actually perfect, but some might disagree. I hate housework, I hate cooking, and I hate getting up early.

5. Five places I've lived: Not much geographical range here...Chicago, IL, northern Indiana (IN), north-east IN, central IN, Traverse City, Michigan.

6. Five jobs I've had:
Dairy Queen (got fired after 2 months)
Medical Technologist in clinical chemistry lab (good job but high stress)
Graduate Teaching Assistant for Anatomy & Physiology lab class (almost hurled during cadaver demonstration)
Aquatic Biologist at Indian Reservation (beautiful area to work in!)
Aquatic Biologist at tiny consulting firm (current job)

7. Five books I've recently read: Probably can't answer this...I just read bits and pieces of books. Many of them are Spanish language instructional books.

You're supposed to tag seven people at the end of the meme. I don't have that many readers (that I know of).

1 Comments:

  • Hey! I'm perfect too! What a coincidence! Other than using too many exclamation points, of course!

    I was going to comment when I read this yesterday (I had yesterday off), but at exactly 11:05 my DSL modem died, and it took until a couple of hours ago to 1) figure out what was wrong, 2) go out and buy a new one, and 3) spend an hour and a half on the phone getting the new one programed to work with our specific provider.

    Richard Dawkins coined the term "meme" in 1976 in The Selfish Gene. It is an idea that can replicate through a culture the same way a gene can through a species. I suppose that the blogosphere can be considered a "culture."

    By Blogger Laurie, at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home