A Blog about Everything

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not quite ready for Roller Derby


It's been awhle since I updated this blog. First, I was depressed because I didn't have enough to do at work. Later, I was exhausted because I had too much to do at work. But now it's back to my random entries.
This picture was taken this past Saturday. I am on the new Rollerblades (yes, that is the brand I bought), carefully navigating a rail-trail. From my about-to-crash posture, you would never guess that I bought my first pair of in-line skates back in 1991. Back then, all skate boots were hard-shell plastic with no ventilation. The new skates have a softer feel, more like an athletic shoe, with a breathable boot. This should help with my "hot feet" issues during the summer. Unfortunately, my balance/coordination/confidence issues are still the same as with the old skates.
Just for the record, Laurie, I did NOT fall down. Almost fell down several times but managed to stay upright. And for the record, a former railroad bridge that now has a surface of wooden planks does not make for a smooth skating experience. Fortunately for me, I could grasp onto the handy iron rails of the trestle.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • And where are your knee and elbow pads, young lady??

    Yes, my thumb still hurts from when I fell down months and months ago. I was really glad I had wrist guards on. And now I can't use my hard plastic purple space-boot-like skates (that I've used all of once in 5 years) because people would point and laugh...

    My son's girlfriend roller figure skates (non-in-line). She came in first in California and third in the nation in her division last year.

    By Blogger Laurie, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home